Our Vision for PE, Sport and Physical Activities
Our vision for school PE, Sport and physical activities is to ensure that we promote and support the importance of a healthy lifestyle and place particular emphasis on the wellbeing of our pupils and how this impacts positively on all aspects of school life. All our work will be aimed at increasing attainment, participation, improving confidence and skills and encouraging a life-long love of sport and physical activities together with an understanding of the health benefits that participation offers.
The Sports Grant is additional government funding paid to schools to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport in primary schools. Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but schools have been given the freedom to choose how they do this. A list of possible uses has been suggested. Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport/ dance
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
How we plan to use the Sports Grant
In 2018/19 we plan to use our allocated fund to:
Improve the quality of teaching and learning in PE
Increase participation in sporting activities and clubs
Improve pupil’s lifestyles and physical wellbeing
Sports Grant Received 2018/19
In the academic year 2018/19 Cheam Common Infants received £17,613. Please follow the link below to see how we spent it:
- To ensure pupils participate in 30 minutes of physical activity each day whilst at school.
- To ensure every teacher is confident in using Real PE and that each teacher consistently delivers good PE lessons that focus on a multi-skills approach.
- To offer a greater range of sporting opportunities to all children.
- To raise the profile of PE and sport across the school.
For a full breakdown of our Primary PE and Sport Premium click below:
The Impact of Sports Premium at Brookfield Primary 2018/19
The Sports Premium funding has allowed us to offer the children of Brookfield a wider variety of sporting opportunity. Children have been given greater opportunities to take part in wide range extra-curricular clubs. We have been able to ensure that every child takes part in two-hours of physical activity every week, with many taking part in far more physical activity, as we try to ensure that each child get an extra 30 minutes of exercise per day. Participation in sport is growing and our success rates in competition are also rising. We were recently awarded our second Silver School Games award, after previously having our Bronze. We have been able to ensure that all teachers have high quality planning to follow by purchasing Real PE and the Sutton and Merton PE Scheme. We have also ensured that support for teachers is given where needed, by using our partnership with SSSP.