Knowledge Organisers are essentially a double A4 sheet that outlines all the knowledge and information that your child will be learning about in Science and Topic (history/geography) each half term. This could include famous people, key facts, key vocabulary and key dates and timelines.
The aim of these is to regularly, over the course of the term, use these Knowledge Organisers to rote learn and memorise key knowledge, which will give your child a better understanding of their current learning, or prepare them for what is to come (through pre-teaching using these Knowledge Organisers). These will be readily available in the classrooms for the children to refer to, will be used by our support staff to pre-teach or recap key learning if your child needs a bit of a boost to catch up/keep up, and will become an essential part of Science and Topic teaching, where children will use these to create their own quizzes.
Below you will find Knowledge Organisers for your child's year group for the current term:
- Year 2 KO Science Animas Including Humans.pdf
- Year KO 2 Florence Nightingale.pdf
- Year 3 KO Stone Age.pdf
- Year 3 KO Rocks.pdf
- Year 4 KO Romans.pdf
- Year 4 KO Science Animals inc Humans.pdf
- Year 5 KO Animals and Plant Life Cycles.pdf
- Year 5 KO British and European Explorers.pdf
- Year 6 KO Science Humans.pdf
- Year 6 KO The Victorians.pdf